The University of Arkansas strongly encourages cycling around campus. Riding a bike is an inexpensive and healthy way to get around and an easy way to incorporate physical activity into your daily schedule. Bicycling is also a significant component of the university's long-term goals in reducing air pollution and traffic on campus.
General Bike Information
- Save gas money!
- Get your workout while you commute!
- Get there faster than walking!
- Create less congestion on our roads!
- Get the best parking spot on campus!
Bike Etiquette, Safety, and Tips
- Be courteous to pedestrians.
- Use a bell or announce when passing.
- Always wear a helmet.
- Always ride on the right side of the road.
- Be visible! Wear a reflective vest or light when riding at night.
- Cyclists must obey all traffic laws.
- Use proper hand signals when turning
- More safety tips